Best Buy – Throughout Canada, 2017, 2018 and 2019
As part of a strategy to improve its shopping experience, Best Buy chose to revitalize its retail stores across Canada, by changing the way it advertises its departments and brands, with new signage.
In 2017, Best Buy commissioned PNH Solutions to produce thousands of custom-built Silicone Edge Graphic (SEG) Fabric Lightboxes and SEG Fabric Frames of varying sizes, from 24” W x 5” H to 15’11” W x 9’ H, for 15 of its stores across Canada. While the SEG Fabric Lightboxes have an LED lighting system, either behind the visual or on the sides of the frame, the SEG Fabric Frames have a similar, albeit skinnier, aluminum frame, without a lighting system. In order to be installed throughout each store, PNH Solutions supplied two different models: Standing and Wall-Mounted SEG Fabric Lightboxes and SEG Fabric Frames. The SEG Fabric Frames and Lightboxes also had to have 3 different finishing colors: anodized satin, black and white (powder-coated).
- Project consultation and management
- Product development
- Printing and hardware construction
- The biggest challenge in this project was producing a high volume of SEG Fabric Frames and Lightboxes of varying sizes, models and finishing colors, and coordinating the shipments throughout Canada, within a short period of time.
- Despite these challenges, PNH Solutions was able to finalize the project on time and coordinate the deliveries throughout cities across Canada.
- By overseeing every stage of production in-house, from project management, printing and sewing to manufacturing (frame assembly & LED lighting), PNH Solutions was able to add any additional pieces at the eleventh hour.
- By printing Best Buy’s graphics on tension fabric through a dye sublimation process, PNH Solutions was able to offer vibrant images and clear text, with and without a backlit effect.
- Once installed, the graphics were able to remain in place, due to their silicone edge that was placed in the groove of the aluminum frame. Due to this same silicone edge, the graphics will eventually be able to be replaced, both easily and quickly, with every seasonal campaign.
- To attest to both the success of the project, as well as their level of satisfaction with the products and services, in 2018 and 2019, Best Buy appointed PNH Solutions to complete more SEG Fabric Lightboxes and Frames throughout Canada.