Hyundai – Montreal, 2018 & 2019
In order to promote its new vehicles, in 2018 and again in 2019, Hyundai was looking for custom viewing docks where it could display its new electric vehicles, at the Montreal International Jazz Festival. As Hyundai was launching new electric vehicles, an important goal of the campaign was to educate attendees about their features and demystify any concerns about the new technology.
While in 2018, PNH Solutions printed fabric banners and floor adhesives for three multi-level, full-custom viewing docks, in 2019, PNH Solutions manufactured the truss pillars and printed all the visual assets for two multi-level, fully custom viewing docks. In 2019, PNH Solutions also supplied 3D lettering for one viewing dock and cut-out LED lettering and a boxwood back wall for the other. Once complete, PNH Solutions coordinated the installation before the event and the decommission once it was complete.
- Project consultation and management
- Product development
- Installation and decomission
- As the products were going to be used outdoors, in high-traffic areas near the Place des Spectacles, PNH Solutions had to ensure that the products would remain in place for the duration of the event and respect all the necessary safety requirements.
- Moreover, as the visuals often spanned across many fabric banners and floor graphics ('Self-Adhesive Vinyl Flooring' and 'ShowFloor'), PNH Solutions had to be sure that they aligned perfectly with one another.
- As there were last-minute changes to the design of the viewing docks, specifically to the size and placement of the truss pillars, PNH Solutions had to re-adjust its templates in prepress and re-print some banners in an especially short time.
- Despite those challenges, PNH Solutions completed the project on time to Hyundai’s different requirements.
- While the fabric banners were made of a lightweight, perforated material that allowed air to flow through it rather than against it, the floor adhesives had a special lamination, which allowed it to be slip-resistant.
- Without any spaces or gaps, the different visuals covered the viewing docks’ pillars, walls, floors, and steps, without any spaces or gaps.
- By creating a fully branded environment, PNH Solutions helped Hyundai attract visitors to its activation, where the public was able to view its new vehicles and engage with brand ambassadors to learn more about its products.
- Beyond the custom viewing docks, PNH Solutions also supplied fabric banners and floor graphics (‘ShowFloor’) for the Hyundai stage, as well as media walls (‘Fabgraphic Pop-Up Media Walls’) for Hyundai’s VIP section.