Montreal Impact – Montreal, 2019
In order to promote the Montreal Impact’s eSports initiative, a video game that is part of the FIFA franchise and sponsored by BMO, the MLS club was looking for a branded shipping container that it could use in its home games, on university campuses and at special events. With two different gaming areas, this modified container would offer an eSport zone, where fans could play against one of the team’s best eSports players, Lyes Ould-Ramoul, commonly known as LyesMTL, or one another.
To create a personalized space with the Montreal Impact’s brand name and colors, PNH Solutions covered the inside and the outside walls of the shipping container. While the inside walls had Silicone Edge Graphic (SEG) Fabric Frames and a backlit rigid panel, the outside walls and doors were covered with adhesive vinyl and a 3D logo of the Montreal Impact. PNH Solutions also added Self-Adhesive Vinyl Flooring to the floor of the shipping container. Then, to create two separate gaming areas, PNH Solutions designed and built two counters to have back-to-back gaming stations for the main area and then created a second gaming area, with another gaming console and TV monitor, by sectioning off part of the main area. To further advertise the eSport zone, following the client’s request, PNH Solutions added two TV monitors to the outside wall of the shipping container and added a custom protective case, made of aluminum and Dibond, around each one. Finally, to facilitate the entrance into the eSport zone and make it wheel chair accessible, PNH Solutions built a ramp that could be placed inside the shipping container during transit.
- Project consultation and management
- Product design
- Product fabrication
- Due to the height and placement of the TV monitors to the top of the shipping container, the main challenge was finding a way to safely set them up and take them down before and after every activation. To overcome that challenge, PNH Solutions designed a specialized pulley system, which the Montreal Impact’s staff was able to easily use.
- With a fully branded shipping container that has two separate gaming stations, the Montreal Impact now possesses a mobile and experiential marketing solution to promote its game and engage with its younger audience.
- As all the elements were placed within the modified shipping container, the Montreal Impact was able to easily bring it from one place to another and set it up, by simply opening up its doors and installing the TV monitors.
- With designated storage space, the Montreal Impact was able to keep additional items out of sight during every activation.
- With its ramp, the eSport zone was wheelchair accessible.
- With a custom productive case around each TV monitor, the Montreal Impact will be able to use its branded shipping container for both indoor and outdoor activations, without having to worry about its monitors getting damaged.
- For future campaigns, the Montreal Impact will be able to reuse the shipping container, by replacing the visuals, with different graphics or messaging, on its SEG Fabric Frames, without needing to replace the hardware.