Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show – Shanghai, 2017
In order to create a unique visual experience during the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, in Shanghai, China, PNH Solutions was mandated to produce the print and hardware portion of the fully-immersive stage backdrop that received projections throughout the show.
As a panoramic stage backdrop, PNH Solutions produced 13 different printed mesh panels that measured up to 113’ W and 46’ H. Joined together with zippers, the top of printed fabric panels were suspended from the ceiling with an aluminum cable and held together at the base with steel, modular piping. Together, the stage backdrop covered close to 68,000 square feet and spanned across every corner of the stage.
- Project consultation and management
- Product development
- Printing and hardware construction
- After a number of tests and tweaks, PNH Solutions succeeded in preparing the printed fabric mesh panels to fit the modular frame, without any creases, folds or loose areas that could affect the light projections.
- While other media options may have required ironing or steaming after shipment, especially after a long transit, the printed fabric mesh panels were ready to use as soon as they arrived on-site for the rehearsal in Quebec City and again for the show in Shanghai.
- Over the course of eight hours, a team of 20 installers was able to successfully install the modular frame.
- Once complete, the stage backdrop was able to receive spectacular visual effects and projections throughout the show.